Aerial 360 photography offers users a novel perspective when they’re exploring your building or area. Being able to establish your location in a user’s mind can be a great addition to your virtual tour.
Why (and when!) a drone 360 helps your viewers
Opening a tour with an aerial 360 can be a fantastic way to introduce your tour – making sure that users understand where your location fits within the wider geographic space. Here’s how and why some of our clients have used the aerial tour:
- to showcase a truly spectacular location
- to position a building within its grounds before the user starts to explore
- because a user may be familiar with a rough location, but not know where your building is, and this provides a context
- a hospice client used it to highlight the surrounding boroughs where they draw their patients from
- to show locations and tours across a very wide geographic area, such as a university campus
- where a location is hidden, or not easily identifiable
London Bridge – Aerial 360 over the River Thames
The main aerial image on this page is taken from the opening 360 in the virtual tour we created for St Magnus The Martyr, in the City of London. This drone 360 was shot high over the Thames by London Bridge in winter. When we plan the logistics for a drone shoot, we keep a close watch on the weather to ensure that conditions are good. However, a British winter is nothing if not changeable and challenging! Thus, we were exceptionally lucky to capture this iconic location with stunning low winter sun, which lent drama to the final image. The streets were empty due to the covid lockdown, giving a rare view of London with minimal traffic and pedestrians. Even the river traffic was very scant compared to a normal weekday. Please click here to view a selection of aerial 360s over London.
Please note that all our drone shoots take place with all legal permissions in place. In addition, our expert pilots carry all insurances to fly. This is always essential, but especially vital when you’re flying in a built-up location.
We’re always happy to chat, so please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you want to discuss aerial 360s.